It’s Sunday and you’re craving nuggets. What do you do? Make these!! They take a little bit of time to make, but I’m super lazy when it comes to cooking so when I say it’s worth it, trust me – it is!!
recipe from: thedomesticman.com
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup arrow root powder OR tapioca powder
- 1/4 (maybe more) coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut chicken into nugget sized pieces.
- Combine chicken pieces and pickle juice in a resealable plastic bag – OR TUPPERWARE, and marinate for 1-6 hours. *I am trying to reduce my impact on the environment, so in the spirit of a happy earth, please use a tupperware if you can.
- When chicken is done, strain through colander. Shake a bit to get majority of the juice off.
- Combine starch, paprika, black pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate wide bowl.
- Warm oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Evenly coat chicken in starch mixture, then dip starchy chicken in egg and add to skillet.
- Fry until cooked (flip every 2 minutes – it should take about 6-8 minutes per skillet batch).
- Once cooked, remove from skillet and place on a papertowl lined plate.
- If you’d like – keep nuggets warm in oven pre-heated 250 degrees F.
- When dipping chicken, use one hand to transfer the chicken to the starch/toss and then drop it in the egg. Use the other hand to toss the starchy chicken in egg and then transfer to skillet. This prevents your fingers from getting caked in the mixtures, and thus using less.
- Be sure to shake off the “egg-cess” egg when making the transfer to the skillet (using less egg).
- You can always cut the recipe in half if you want to use less chicken/have less time.
- If you’re short on time, these can always be made into paleo chicken fingers – meaning you’ll have less pieces to fry up, but still all the deliciousness (and protein).
- Best eaten with Paleo Honey Mustard!!