You heard right…almond flour pizza. My only problem with this is that it doesn’t have much protein, so feel free to eat a slice with a grilled chicken salad or even add chicken to the top of it. I have debated making a little extra buffalo chicken in the crockpot and using it’s leftovers to top the pizza. Of course, along with the ranch dressing. If you try it, let me know!!
recipe from: Jane’s Healthy Kitchen
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1.25 cups arrowroot powder
- 1 cup pizza sauce (sugar free if paleo)
- 4 large eggs
- 2-3 cups non-dairy cheese (or regular if no issues with dairy)
Amount depends on how much you want on your pizza!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp I-talian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp unprocessed salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cloves garlic (or garlic powder)
- any other toppings: pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onions, etc. HAVE FUN.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add flour (3 cups), arrowroot powder (1.25 cups), baking soda (1 tsp), salt (1.25 tsp), garlic (3 gloves – or powder) and Italian seasoning (2 tbsp).
- Add olive oil and eggs to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until a ball of dough forms. Make have to work the dough a bit, will be a little of a “dry” consistency.
- Grease a pizza stone or baking sheet and press the dough onto it. The shape is your choice.
- Bake in the oven until almost done. You’ll be able to tell.
- Take out and add sauce/desired toppings.
- Return to oven and bake until crust is golden brown/cheese has melted.
*This pizza is delicious and filling! Be sure to enjoy what you’ve made and not shove it down your throat like some $5 order from Papa John’s. – (: