People love bread. Italians love bread. People on diets miss bread. I gave up bread for a year and this substitution got me through. Eat it with grass fed butter, dip it in some curry (see recipe for the pumpkin chicken one I make) or use it for a sammy.
- 3/4 cup creamy toasted almond butter (although regular almond butter can be used)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease small loaf pan (coconut oil), dust with almond flour.
- In a medium/small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In large bowl, mix the (3/4 cup) almond butter until smooth, then blend in (4 large) eggs.
- Blend dry into wet until thoroughly combined.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and test with toothpick.