One time I ate so much raw cookie dough, I threw up. True story. Sorry Amy and Jerry. Here’s a recipe that’s intended to eat raw and that’s good for you! Yay!
original recipe from: sproutedroutes.com
- 1 cup cashews – MUST SOAK FOR 1-2 HOURS
- 1/4 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp unsalted almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp honey (apparently you can sub rice malt syrup or 4-5 medjool dates, pitted, soaked for an hour and drained ing you’re vegan or low sugar…I, however, am none of those things so honey it is!)
- Soak cashews for 1-2 hours, drain thoroughly.
- In a food processor, process all ingredients except for cacao nibs, until very smooth.This may mean stopping the machine to scrape down the sides and it may take 3-4 minutes to get the perfect texture.
- When smooth, let cool for 10-15 minutes, as it may have warmed while being processed for that long.
- Add in cacao nibs and mix in with spoon.
- Transfer to container of choice and eat with a spoon – or don’t transfer and eat it right out of your food processor. It’s your life, live it how you want. Enjoy!