**You must have an emulsion blender in order to make the recipe happen painlessly.**
recipe from: thehealthyfoodie.com
- 1 tall and narrow glass jar (to both make AND store the mayo) that had an opening just wide enough for your stick blender
- immersion stick blender only
- 1 whole large or extra-large egg
- 1 cup avocado oil (the picture above shows olive oil in the background but TRUST ME, avocado is the best)
- 2-3 tsp or juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime (some people use apple cider vinegar instead)
- generous pinch of salt
*to see variations or ideas for flavoring your mayo, visit thehealthyfoodie.com*
- Crack the egg into the jar. Add the lime(or lemon juice or vinegar) and salt.
- Pour in one full cup of avocado oil.
- Let everything settle so the egg can find its way down to the very bottom of the jar, underneath the oil.
- Insert the immersion blender and push it all the way to the bottom of the jar (around your egg yolk).
- Push the power button and do not move the blender for a full 20 seconds…it’s working it’s magic!!
- As the mayo builds it’s way to the top and after the full 20 seconds, you will want to slowly start raising the blender until you get to the very top. Do not take it out or else there will be mayo flying everywhere!
- When most of the ingredients are “mayo-fied,” you may move the blender about to get every last bit.
- Boom – enjoy in moderation!!