This simple slow cooker recipe will absolutely fill your need for buff-chick. Drizzle the paleo ranch dressing over the top and you are in paleo buff-chick heaven…if there is such a thing.
recipe from: therealfoods.com
Makes enough chicken about 4 small potatoes. Definitely worth doubling or tripling the recipe if you want more leftovers or to feed more people…keep in mind the cook time of the chicken may be longer than listed below.
- 1/2lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2lb boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 1/3 cup hot pepper sauce (**if you’re not a huge fan of the heat with buffalo chicken meals, make this a 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (**once again, adds more heat – opt out if you must!)
- 4 small baked sweet potatoes (about 7 oz. uncooked)
- Homemade ranch dressing
- Be a good little muncher and make some greens to go with it!! (Broccoli is always a good choice)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker set on low.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the (1/3 or 1/4 cup) hot sauce,(2tbsp) ghee or coconut oil, (1 tbsp) coconut aminos, (1/4 tsp) garlic powder and optional (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper. Stir together until ghee/coconut oil is melted.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Cook 4-6 hours on low or until chicken is tender. *About an hour before your chicken is done, bake your sweet potatoes and make your ranch dressing. – See below!*
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
- Turn slow cooker to low (or remain on warm) until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken in baked sweet potatoes.
To bake your sweet potatoes:
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
-Wash off with water, pat dry.
-Rub with coconut oil and lightly salt (sea salt)
-Place on baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes or until potato is tender (test with fork).